Pacific City is a very small town on the Oregon Coast that has a beach as nice as any of the major tourist attractions. This city is also known as "Home of the Dory Fleet." So named because of the flat-bottomed fishing boats that are launched right from the shores. Feel free to do some fishing, camping, canoeing in the Nestucca River, climb huge sand dunes, hop aboard jet-skis, enjoy the local tide pools, rent a horse or ATV, attend workshops, or just relax on the beach, a quick 5 minute walk.
This community only has a few small hotels, but the amenities are very nice. If you feel like getting away from the hustle and bustle of a normal city, hide yourself in Pacific City for the week!
Click room description for photo.
Click rates for reservations.
Nov 1 - May 8
May 9 - Oct 31
|1 King Bed with Private Balcony||$87.95||$111.95|
|2 Queen Beds and Patio||$97.85||$129.95|
|2 Queen Beds with Kitchenette||$112.95||$139.95|
|3 Queen Beds, all styles with Separate Bedroom and Kitchenette||$135.05||$179.95|
|Each Additional Person||$18||$18|
Rates do not include room tax of 11% and surcharge.
Rates subject to change without notice.
Holidays and special events at summer rates.
Two night minimum week-ends in summer.
First night's payment is required as a deposit.
A seven day notification is required to refund
deposit, less a $25.00 service fee.
The Pacific City Inn is located in downtown Pacific City on the Oregon coast, 2 blocks south of the downtown 4-way stop. It is about 3 miles off Highway 101 at milepost 92. Visitors from Portland take Highway 26 to Highway 6 to Tillamook and then come south on Highway 101.
Extraordinary activities await you in the area.
To get more ideas and directions come to the office and pick up a brochure or booklet.
- Beach Combing/Tide Pools: Walk from Cape Kiwanda to the mouth of the Nestucca River, or visit the tide pools at low tide at the base of the cape. There are a lot of rocks waiting to find a home. Who knows what type of shell collecting you can do?
- Campfires on the Beach: Later tonight, have a beach fire and bring some hot dogs and buns or a box of graham crackers, some marshmallows, and chocolate bars for s'mores!!!! The ban on beach fires earlier this year has been lifted as of September 4, 2015. Check with the Oregon State Parks and local news outlets for the latest information before starting your beach bonfire. Bring your pet with you to our pet-friendly beaches.
- Fishing: Haystack Fishing Club. Call Joe or Wendy Hay at 503-965-7555. For ocean and seasonal river fishing, call USCG Licensed Captain Josh Putman Guide Service at 503-708-1141.
- Crabbing/Clamming: Check out the latest conditions for crabbing and clamming at Clam Watch. Several sporting goods stores in the area rent crabbing equipment and carry licenses and other equipment for your fishing needs. They also rent kayaks; surf and river. Boat rentals are also available at Netarts Bay, 20 miles North of Pacific City.
- Horseback Riding: Arrange a beach ride with Green Acres Beach and Trail Rides: Reservations 541-921-6289, Information 541-603-1768. If you need to board your own horse, try the Crazy A's Horse Hotel.
- Hiking: About 15 miles from Pacific City is Munson Creek Falls County Park, the highest waterfall on the North Oregon Coast. Cape Lookout and Cascade Head also have great hikes and views; do not forget your cameras.
- Jet-Skiing, Surfing and Boogy-boarding: The world's best Jet Ski racers and freestylers come to the Blowsion Surf Slam in Pacific City, Oregon for a weekend of competition in the ocean surf during the third week of September. Rent jet skis at Blowsion for your own private competition. The Blowsion Surf Slam is organized by the IFWA World Championship Tour and the IJSBA Motosurf Western National Championships. Check the latest information here: Blowsion Surf Slam. Rent wet-suits, boards and take lessons at the Moment Surf Co.
- Sight-seeing: 40 miles of natural beauty along the Oregon Coast on Three Capes Scenic Drive. Hmmm! Pamper yourself with a bottle of wine and a delectable find from the Tillamook Cheese Factory. These flat, beach-landing boats have been used by local fishermen for decades: Dory Boats.
- Off-Road Discoveries: Drive your 4WD or all-terrain vehicle on the beach in designated areas all along the Oregon Coast. Sand Lake Recreation Area, a popular off-highway vehicle site, includes 1,076 acres of Siuslaw National Forest.
- Gallery Shopping: There are several wonderful and interesting galleries and shops located in Pacific City. To name a few: the Dapper Frog, the Rowboat Gallery and the Pacific City Gallery. (Be sure to tell them that we sent you.)
- Theatres, Music, the Arts and Museums: Check out the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology (workshops) and the Tillamook Air Museum. If you time it right, you might be able to hear the Neskowin Chamber Music group perform or attend the Tierra del Mar art festival. You don't want to miss the Birding & Blues Festival.
- Dining: Delicate Palate Bistro and Martini Bar. The Delicate Palate is a must for fine dining, where the freshest food is served. Sit on the Flight Deck and enjoy a glass of wine, with many varieties to choose from there should be something for everyone. Try the coast’s best martini, or relax in the gardens. Other places to eat are the Grateful Bread (breakfast and lunch), Los Caporales Mexican Restaurant, the Pelican Pub, Sportsman Pub-n-Grub and the Village Coffee Shop (breakfast and lunch).
- Coffee: Enjoy a Cappuccino, Latte or hot chocolate at one of the following, Stimulus Cafe, the Grateful Bread or the Village Coffee Shop.
- Golfing: Neskowin ( Neskowin Marsh 503-392-3377), Lincoln City ( Chinook Winds 541-994-8442 or Salishan Lodge 541-764-3632) and Tillamook ( Alderbrook 503-842-6413). Call for tee times.
- Dory Days
- Blowsion Surf Slam (Jet ski competition)
- Cape Kiwanda Longboard Classic (Surfing competition)
- Birding and Blues Festival in April
- Stand Up Paddle boarding and kayaking. For SUP and kayak sales and rentals, Nestucca Adventures LLC.
- Fourth of July Fireworks on the Beach, viewed from the Garden and Bistro Flight Deck at the Pacific City Inn
- Halloween Hooker's Ball at the Sportsman's Pub-N-Grub
- Easter Egg Roll
- Christmas Tree Lighting
- Pacific City Oregon Visitor's Guide
- Oregon Coast Visitor's Guide
- Pacific City State Airport
- Videos of Oregon Outdoor Activities by TravelOregon
- Coastal Air Flights
- Memorial Weekend Rummage Sale
- Blessing of the Fleet
- Factory Outlets
- Hang Gliding
- Parasailing on the beach
- Whale Watching
- Kite Flying
For faster response,
Click here to check availability and request reservations.